Philadelphia PA Employment Law Attorneys
The United States Congress enacted the first federal employment law in 1888. Now, more than 180 federal laws mandate how employers may and may not treat their employees. In addition, every state in the union has its own employment laws that employers must comply with.
Federal employment laws cover every phase of the employee-employer relationship: applying, hiring, training, working, paying, promoting, disciplining, and terminating the employer-employee relationship. How do employers, especially small to medium-sized companies, keep up with the ever-changing landscape of employment law? How do employers ensure that their employment decisions will not get them into hot water with the federal or state government?
Any qualified employment and labor law attorney will tell you that preventative advice and counseling is the best way for employers to keep from accidentally violating federal or state employment laws. Our attorneys work closely with employers and human resource professionals to help them understand the basics of employment law and keep their businesses in compliance with both federal and state regulations.
Our law firm advises businesses of all types and sizes on the following matters:
- Employment agreements, including confidentiality agreements and non-compete clauses
- Employee handbooks to disseminate company rules, policies and regulations
- Employment discrimination, including disability discrimination
- Family medical leave
- Wage and hour laws
- Sexual harassment
- Electronic policies for employers
- Avoiding pregnancy discrimination in the workplace
- How to conduct a workplace investigation while minimizing risk to your company
- Required Accommodations for Employee’s Religious Beliefs
Contact our Philadelphia law firm with your questions, comments or concerns.