Judith P. Rodden, J.D., B.A.
Ms. Rodden graduated from the Beasley School of Law of Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Ms. Rodden received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science/Public Administration from West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Ms. Rodden concentrates her practice in the areas of Commercial and Business Litigation, Employment Law, Commercial Real Estate and Development and Trust and Estate Litigation.
Commercial Litigation and Employment Law
Ms. Rodden has extensive experience in Employment law and Civil Litigation and has successfully represented clients in complex litigation and negotiation including:
- Obtained a $5 Million verdict for the former Chief Executive Officer of a publicly held company in a breach of employment agreement action before the American Arbitration Association.
- Defense of a local business corporation from charges of national origin and retaliatory discrimination claims filed by United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) on behalf of a class of employees.
- Represented numerous shareholders/members/partners in business divorces including the buy-in and buy-out agreements, employment contracts and dissolution of business relationships.
- Represented the shareholders of a national corporation in their individual capacities involving issues arising from the collapse of the sub-prime mortgage industry.
- Representation of the Chief Executive Officer of a publicly held company in his individual claims against the board of directors of the publicly held company.
- Obtained attorney’s fees and other relief for a former Director and Chairman of the Board of a publicly held company on his claims for indemnification under the corporation’s bylaws.
- Obtained a six figure settlement for an Executive of a publicly held company in her employment discrimination claims against an international publicly held company.
- Representation of clients in numerous wrongful termination claims against international, private and publicly held companies including well known national retail chains, food outlets and professional corporations.
- Represented unit owners in litigation against a Jersey Shore homeowners association, its directors and national cell phone service provider obtaining injunctive relief for the removal of the cell phone tower and equipment and monetary damages.
- Representation of numerous corporate entities in defense of a variety of employment discrimination claims including claims under Title VII of The Civil Rights Act.
- Represented numerous clients in sophisticated breach of contract disputes and other business disputes.
Commercial Real Estate and Development and Construction
- Represents numerous privately held businesses in the construction and/or acquisition of commercial real estate including the negotiation of the terms of purchase, financing, zoning and variances, closing requirements and the satisfaction of all environmental protection requirements.
- Represents developers in condominium conversion projects in Philadelphia and the surrounding Pennsylvania counties.
- Represents clients in claims for specific performance and quiet title actions.
- Represents property owners in obtaining required riparian rights licenses from the state of New Jersey for shore properties.
- Represents clients in negotiation and drafting of commercial leases.
- Represents general contractors in construction and mechanic lien claims.
- Fraudulent conveyance actions.
Ms. Rodden has lectured before many professional and business organizations on such topics as:
- Employment Law in the New Technological Age – An Employee’s Expectation of Privacy in Electronic Communications, the Employer’s Rights and Policies and Documentation Necessary to Survive a Charge of Discrimination – Pennsylvania State University, Division of Continuing Professional Education, Abington campus.
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Practice Today – Pennsylvania State University, Division of Continuing Professional Education, Abington, Pennsylvania campus. Also lectured on the same topic for Neumann University, Division of Continuing Adult and Professional Studies, Aston, Pennsylvania.
- Suburban Commercial Construction Projects: The Fundamentals For The Suburban General Practitioner In The Representation Of Owners, General Contractors, Subcontractors and Suppliers – Neumann University, Division of Continuing Adult and Professional Studies, Aston, Pennsylvania.
- Current Trends in Employment Law: Discrimination Through The Family Medical Leave Act – Neumann University, Division of Continuing Adult and Professional Studies, Aston, Pennsylvania.
- Nuts and Bolts Overview of Family Law for the Suburban General Practitioner with Ethics for the Division of Continuing Adult and Professional Studies of Neumann University, Aston, Pennsylvania.
- The Role of the CPA in Family Law for the Montgomery County Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Ms. Rodden is admitted to practice before the bars of the following Courts;
- The Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The United States District Court for the State of New Jersey
On a case by case basis, Ms. Rodden has also been admitted to practice before courts throughout the United States including the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Four of Pozzuolo Rodden’s attorneys were named Region’s Awesome Attorneys by Suburban Life Magazine in its December 2012 edition. Judith P. Rodden was selected in two categories: Commercial Litigation and Employment Law. Both the Philadelphia Life Magazine and the Suburban Life Magazine included Judith P. Rodden on their 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Top Attorney list. This list is based on readers who vote to help these magazines compile a definitive list of the 275 keenest legal minds in the Philadelphia area.